One of TEAL’s strengths is our ability to develop prototype power subsystems very quickly and accurately. Our prototype teams primarily consist of representatives from our production group and our engineering group. The prototype teams main task is to bring the engineering design for a product to a production ready status.
TEAL’s prototype teams consist of some of our most experienced and flexible assemblers who are capable of making product changes on the fly. They act as the liason between our engineering teams and our production teams, working to make our designs and documentation efficient for manufacturing.
The prototype teams play a major role within TEAL in turning a customer specification into a finished product. They are involved in many aspects of the design process. The typical major steps that occur for a custom power subsystem design include:
1. Specification received from customer.
2. TEAL converts customer specification to engineering design.
3. Design review with customer, either face to face or over the internet using WebEx for interactive design review that allows participants from around the world to interact and view our 3-D designs.
4. Customer specification finalization for prototype build.
5. Engineering design finalized for prototype build.
6. Prototype group builds first prototype.
7. Customer evaluation of prototype.
8. Final spec/design tweaks or modifications.
9. Pre-production product build within the prototype group.
10. Design documents finalized into production documents and released to production.
The experience and flexibility of the prototype teams enable them to quickly turn a design into a product that meets the customers specifications and is easily manufacturable.